Microsoft Online Services Diagnostics And Logging AKA MOSDAL is a support toolkit that “performs network diagnostics and collects system configuration, network configuration, and logging information for service-based products.”
If that’s all you need to know then you can download it here.
However, if you’d like a little more info-here you go 🙂
- MOSDAL can be used to run network diagnostics against a particular data center where data resides.
- MOSDAL can be used to collect system, network, and service-enabled application configuration information, logs, registry keys, file versions, and other related data.
- Configuration information that is captured includes the computer’s IP address, the subnet mask, the default gateway, the DNS servers, ARP tables, the Host file, static routes, and other similar information.
- Network diagnostics data includes output of pings, pathpings, nslookups, port queries, and HTTP server responses for cloud servers in a particular data center.
The data collection component of MOSDAL collects data about the user’s system configuration, the network configuration, and the following applications:
- Microsoft .NET Framework
- Microsoft Online Service (Sign In) Client
- Microsoft Live Meeting 2007
- Microsoft Live Meeting Conferencing Add-in for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
- Windows Internet Explorer 7
- Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
- Microsoft Online Directory Synchronization tool
- Microsoft Online Migration Tool
For more information including Verbose Logging and Use Instructions-head over to the MS KB article here.
Also thanks to Microsoft’s Peter De Haas for this…
2 Replies to “Microsoft Online Services Diagnostics And Logging: MOSDAL”
Thanks for the link 😉
Interesting blog, I have just come across it and I think that it will be helpful to me and thanks so much for that link.