Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 has got a great page over at the MSDN site. VS 2010 is being worked on in conjunction with the .NET Framework 4 and these together “mark the next generation of developer tools from Microsoft” by delivering key innovations in:
· Democratizing Application Lifecycle Management
· Enabling emerging trends
· Inspiring developer delight
· Riding the next generation platform wave
· Breakthrough Departmental Applications
These are the pillars of Microsoft’s Visual Studio 2010.
Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2010–Democratizing Application Lifecycle Management
Among the great new functionality in VSTS 2010:
· Discover and identify existing code assets and architecture with the new Architecture Explorer.
· Design and share multiple diagram types, including use case, activity and sequence diagrams.
· Improve testing efforts with tooling for better documentation of test scenarios and more thorough collection of test data.
· Identify and run only the tests impacted by a code change easily with the new Test Impact View.
· Enhanced version control capabilities including gated check-in, branch visualization and build workflow.
Visual Studio Team System 2010 includes a new Architecture Explorer for the discovery and exploration of existing code assets and application architectures.
Microsoft are also aiming to make it easier for devlopers to catch and fix bugs, including the great “No repro” bug by “dramatically simplifying the tools required to integrate testing across the lifecycle”.
In an effort to bring the various aspects of the lifecycle closer together, VS 2010 will feature a unified Development & Database product. From 1st of October 2008 (01/10/08) current Developer or Database edition MSDN subscribers can access both products via MSDN.
I want to say thanks to Brian Randell over at Plural Sight for this find
One Reply to “Microsoft Visual Studio 2010”
Shrishail here… I am a Windows User and I am really proud of it. I was looking for Microsoft’s up coming products. Its good to hear about the next version of the Visual Studio Universe.
Hope you will inform regarding the other tools and products of Mighty Microsoft!!