Microsoft are changing the Office 365 update models again!
1) They’re introducing the “Monthly Enterprise Channel” – for orgs who want new features each month but with “added predictability, insights and control”…although the insight and control elements won’t be available until later in the year.
This was available as of May 12th, 2020.
2) June 9th sees name changes for the update channels (old name –> new name):
- Insider –> Beta Channel
- Monthly Channel (Targeted) –> Current Channel (Preview)
- Monthly Channel –> Current Channel
- Monthly Enterprise Channel *new addition*
- Semi-Annual Channel (Targeted) –> Semi-Annual Enterprise Channel (Preview)
- Semi-Annual Channel –> Semi-Annual Enterprise Channel
3) June 9th will also see the default update model for Microsoft 365 Apps for Enterprise (aka Office 365 ProPlus) on NEW tenants switch to Current Channel, rather than Semi-Annual Enterprise Channel. Existing tenants won’t change.