I do like a good April Fools prank and so am going to keep a little list of my favourites today. Here we go:
Control Google Mail with your Body!!!
How it works
Gmail Motion uses your computer’s built-in webcam and Google’s patented spatial tracking technology to detect your movements and translate them into meaningful characters and commands. Movements are designed to be simple and intuitive for people of all skill levels.
Google have helpfully made a list of common actions and phrases to help you get started with this GROUND BREAKING new method of communication:
Already they’ve got the next implementation of this lined up – Motion in Google Docs:
For more information and Health & Safety tips, visit:
Google’s innovation keeps on coming…now they’re making AutoComplete even better…
The role: Autocompleter
Are you passionate about helping people? Are you intuitive? Do you often feel like you know what your friends and family are thinking and can finish their thoughts before they can? Are you an incredibly fast Google searcher? Like, so fast that you can do 20 searches before your mom does 1?
If, like me, you’re thinking this job sounds pretty brilliant, your enthusiasm may be tempered by the required skills. I think only a few great people will be up to scratch for this:
- Watch anonymized search queries as they come in to Google.
- Predict and type completions based on your personal experience and intuition.
- Suggest spelling corrections when relevant.
- Keep updated with query trends and offer fresh suggestions.
- Excellent knowledge of English and at least one other language.
- Excellent knowledge of grammatical rules (e.g. parts of speech, parsing).
- Understanding of the search engine space.
- Proven web search experience.
- Good typing skills (at least 32,000 WPM).
- Willingness to travel (in order to provide local autocompletions) or relocate to obscure places like Nauru and Tuvalu to develop knowledge of local news and trends.
- Certificate in psychic reading strongly preferred: palm, tarot, hypnosis, astrology, numerology, runes and/or auras.
New Domino’s iPhone App:
NEW ‘SM-APP’ RELEASES PIZZA SCENT WHEN ORDERING
“The new ‘sm-app’ from Domino’s uses the latest in aroma technology to release a small amount of pizza scent from the iPhone when customers place an order. The ‘scratch and sniff’ page within the new sm-app, is displayed after the ordering section and simply by rubbing the iPhone screen, the mouth-watering smell of a Pepperoni Passion wafts straight out of the phone”
The new sm-app is compatible with all iPhone models. For more details on how to download it, visit Domino’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/DominosPizza
Check out the “People I Might Know” section on LinkedIn:
Blizzard, one the world’s most successful gaming companies, are also pretty great at April fools…here are the FOUR they hit us with today!!!
To learn how to make your Angry Birds become ninjas, and more, fly to:
Tomb of Immortal Darkness:
Bringing true realism to WarCraft and using “Deep Dark” technology, the world of “Omgsogoth” is almost completely pitch black…all the way through:
As the tagline says, In the dark, no-one can hear you scream!
To see more (pun intended) head over to:
Crabby, the WarCraft Helper:
The World of Warcraft can be a cold, lonely, unforgiving place and wandering the lands alone can be a daunting prospect. So having someone to keep you company and help you in your quest would be good right? Blizzard certainly think so…say hello to Crabby:
See more at:
Future of StarCraft…with Kinect Support!
Perfectly optimised for Microsoft’s Xbox 360 Kinect system, you can use gesture-based controls to direct your forces and out-move your enemies. Wave your arms in the air like you do, in fact, care.
To see the video of this in action, jump to: