Microsoft have stopped producing the standalone Product Terms document and have officially launched the Product Terms website as a replacement.
I’ve been a big fan of the Product Terms document for a long time and I’m not 100% happy about this change tbh! The ability to filter the site by program (EA, MPSA etc.) and product (M365, SQL etc.) will probably make it less confusing for many people – showing only the info that’s relevant to their search.
However, being able to see everything altogether was great for spotting any changes, missing bits etc. that Microsoft hadn’t highlighted and that isn’t as easy on the new site.
My initial concern was that not having a point in time downloadable copy would put customers and partners at a disadvantage, giving them nothing to reference in future conversations. However, having played with the site a little bit it turns out you can download a document from the site. It’s quite similar to the previous document although you have to filter by program, so you don’t get a document that allows comparison across the different licensing options.
The changes in February 2021 are:
- Addition of Microsoft 365 F5 SKUs (more info here)
- Planning Services & Training Vouchers SA Benefits have been removed
- The free Audio Conferencing promos for EA/EES/CSP have been extended to June 30, 2021
- Clarification that the Microsoft 365 E3/A3 Unattended license doesn’t require a Qualifying Operating System
- Updates to terms for Azure Maps and Cognitive Services