The CrBlackberry is pretty prevalent in the corporate world these days whether we like it or not, so Microsoft have just released a Blackberry client for OCS 2007-their brilliant Unified Communications software.
Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 for your BlackBerry Smartphone
BlackBerry® Client for use with Microsoft® Office Communications Server 2007 allows you to engage in immediate interactive communication while you’re on the go. Exchange text messages with other Microsoft® Office Communicator users on your BlackBerry® smartphone*, whether they’re using a desktop computer, BlackBerry smartphone or other mobile device.
Enjoy Familiar Features Wirelessly
Enjoy a desktop-like experience on your BlackBerry smartphone, with features and functionality you’re already familiar with from Microsoft Office Communicator. There’s no need to compromise just because you are away from your computer.
- Initiate and manage group chat sessions of three or more participants from your smartphone
- View the presence status of contacts, such as online, busy, do not disturb, be right back, away or appear offline and set your own status to inform others of your availability
- Enjoy a synchronized contact list, with the same contacts available on your BlackBerry smartphone and your computer
- Find contacts quickly with the quick find function and picture association
- Receive alerts when team members become available
- Communicate more effectively with emoticons
- And more
Integrates with other BlackBerry Smartphone Applications
You will also enjoy tight integration with other applications on your BlackBerry smartphone:
- Set your presence status from your home screen icon
- View the presence status of contacts directly from your address book
- Check your spelling and edit autotext on your instant messages
- Initiate phone calls or browser sessions directly from phone numbers or URLs embedded in instant messages
- Voice integration with ‘Click to Call’
Download or get more info at:
I discovered this via http://blogs.technet.com/jkruse/default.aspx – check it out!